How to I register for a charter trip
Registration for all charter trips will be done online at www.ntsc.ca.
Important: Registration requires three stages, The Priority List to determine allotment of spaces, Pre-registration with NTSC and then registration and payment with the tour operator within 7 days to secure your place.
Detailed instructions are on the charters registration process page
I'm a beginner skier or snowboarder, can I go on a Charter trip?
- All ski resorts have designated beginner, intermediate and advanced runs.
- If you are concerned about the level of difficulty of a resort talk to a member of the Charters Committee who can advise you on the best trip given your abilities.
The trip I wanted to go on is full, what should I do?
The options available are:
- Choose another trip to join, or
- Go on the waiting list for your first choice trip and in the event that a spot opens up.
When I book a trip, do I have to find a roommate?
No. If you do not have a roommate we will match you with a same-sex roommate(s). Most trips are based on double occupancy with a bed per person. We try to get you the best roommate possible!
Can I register a friend who is not a member of NTSC to join me on a Charter trip?
No. NTSC Charter trips are only available to club members. Membership has its privileges.
Can I TAKE A LESSON WITH THE NTSC SNOW SCHOOL WHILE ON A CHARTER TRIP?
- NTSC Snow School instructors are not insured to teach at out-of-province resorts.
- Many members sign-up for lessons with the resort snow school while on a Charter trips.
What does a trip leader do?
- NTSC trip leaders are volunteers who get involved to help create a fun and social atmosphere on the Charter trips.
- On each trip the leader will host a welcome party, so that members can meet each other and to create a social atmosphere on the trip. Often trip leaders will organize other social events on the trips.
- Examples of Trip Leader duties:
- Send out information on the trip to registrants prior to the trip, including roommate information.
- Provide a high-level itinerary of key dates and events.
- Available to answer questions, will help solve problems that impact the group.
Can I snowboard on all Charter trips?
- Yes. Almost all ski areas welcome snowboarders, but there are a few U.S. resorts that do not.
- Ask a member of the Charters Committee for information on snowboarding on the trips.
How flexible are registration deadlines?
They range but can be inflexible as the deadlines are imposed by the airlines and hotels and passed on to the Tour Operator and NTSC. Spots are not guaranteed past that time. We also pay a deposit and are subject to penalties. The sooner people register, the better we can ensure hotel and flight and not incur a loss.
Why does the weekend trip show it is full but the bus has available seating?
There may not be availability at the hotel. The tour operator blocks off an estimated number of rooms that are adjusted as needed. If by a certain date we do not fill them, we release them back to the hotel. We may or may not get them back later depending on availability.